BECAUSE I AM POOR



BECAUSE I AM POOR
I am forced to live in slums and bushes,
Painted black and classified worst.
I am made to lick the feet of the rich and romance their faeces
And walk in rags along the streets

Because I am poor,
My entire family preferred a foreigner to me
And treat me like an outcast.
I am made a slave in my own home
And given a bad name like a dog

Because of poverty,
I lamented innocently in jail while the real offenders danced and wined in showrooms like kings
The little I have is taken from me and added to the abundance of the bourgeois
My cup stands empty while theirs overflow like the Wouri River.

Because of my predicaments,
I dig and till the soil in the heaviest rains and hottest sun
But receive nothing my land bears
Because the rich want all, all and all.

But though I am poor,
I know all hope is not lost for I see a green light in the horizon
I will not yield to the oppression and evil dancing confidently around me
But rise up soon and broke this chains of poverty, evil and torments
Then I will have a voice to defend the poor and make the world see their potentials
That Day hovers around.
NTUI OBEN OBI AGBOR
                                                                                                          20th May 2016

No comments

Ntui-Oben Obi-Agbor.Republic of Cameroon, SWR, Buea. 670203670/691731509. obenntui2011@gmail.com. Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.