MY MOTIVATION FOR INTIATING AND ORGANISING THE FIRST EDITION OF THE BOKWAI YOUTH LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP

Since I was a child I had a great passion to serve my community and take it to the level I want. To me, service to humanity is the best work of life. After participating and organizing many workshops in more advanced communities. I thought it wise to initiate and organize one in local community.
In recent times, Local communities have been forgotten by many civil society organizations as far as the organization of conferences and workshop is concerned. Their reasons often range from the difficulties in accessing them or mobilization. As a result, most rural communities have not had the opportunity to benefit from many training and workshops as compared to those in more advanced communities.
It was as a result of the above mentioned that I decided to write a project which will help improve the well being of local communities and empower youths. The Bokwai Youth Workshop which brought together over sixty youths and more than five civil society organizations and one Company was aimed at training youths on good governance, Nation Building, Peace Building, Anti youth Extremism and radicalization. Participants were educated on the value of peace in the community and the positive aspects of leadership.

With the successes of the Bokwai youth leadership workshop, I feel happy because despite the challenges I went through in organizing this workshop, it was a great success. I am most happy because I was able to give back to my community. The youths trained are expected to become agents of peace in their respective communities. The journey continuous.





1 comment:

  1. Good job bro. Keep it up. Someone somewhere is watching keenly

    ReplyDelete

Ntui-Oben Obi-Agbor.Republic of Cameroon, SWR, Buea. 670203670/691731509. obenntui2011@gmail.com. Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.